1748038 Members
4940 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Automate Windows iSCSI Connections

aherbert23
Trusted Contributor

Automate Windows iSCSI Connections

This script will work on Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008R2, and 2012 with the native software iSCSI initiator. Any Nimble volumes accessible to the server will be mapped with all possible paths.

NOTE!

By default PowerShell scrips are disabled from running. You must set the PowerShell ExecutionPolicy to from Restricted to at least AllSigned. Please see this MS KB for more information : Using the Set-ExecutionPolicy Cmdlet Also it may be necessary to run this script from a PowerShell session launched with Administrator privileges.

18 REPLIES 18
edayeh69
Valued Contributor

This script is great to use with customers/partners that bring up MPIO setup as a potential blocker to our solution. Great work Adam!

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Nice work Adam - it works every time.

Only question I have is if it would be possible to automate the failover policy to Least Queue Depth vs the Round Robin it defaults to?

A blog available on the web seems to have found a way to do this... Connecting MPIO iSCSI Targets via PowershellтАж and a bit of dirty VBscript.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
aherbert23
Trusted Contributor

Absolutely, it's very possible. I have an update that I'll post soon and that will be a part of it.

smurthy110
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the Script. Does this script automatically detect the Initiators and Nimble Target and maps them or we manually need to key in the parameters?

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hey Sathish,

The script will automatically detect the Nimble volumes presented and will map/MPIO them for you. Give it a go on a windows VM - works perfectly!

Nick Dyer
Hakanl10

When using this script, you would first have to define allowed connections to the Nimble volume through the web interface, right?

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

Hi Hakan,

If i'm reading your question right - yes you have to configure your access control list correctly in the Nimble GUI/CLI for your host before you run the script on said host.

Nick Dyer
Hakanl10

That's exactly what I meant. Thanks

Not applicable

Adam,

I'm trying to run my script.  I ran the Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned and then i tried launching the NimbleMPIO script but get this.  Any suggestions?

mpio.png