1754930 Members
2897 Online
108827 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

dHCI Software Updates Nowhere To Be Found

stockholme
Visitor

dHCI Software Updates Nowhere To Be Found

We installed a couple of DHCI clusters in November. Since installation nothing has shown up under "dHCI Software" as an option to update. I know there have been esxi updates, and nimble/alletra updates that have been released since then. I opened a ticket with support about it and they said there had been a problem with one of the updates and it got pulled, so to wait until the beginning of May for the next one and it should show up. In early May I opened another ticket and asked, and they said it would be a couple more weeks. Now it's the middle of June and still nothing showing up. I just want to know if this is unusual or if others are seeing the same thing.

Support told me that we could update the individual pieces manually, which is what we did in the past, but I'd really like to test out this whole dHCI update piece since it was a big selling feature and after 8 months we still have not been able to see it in action. It seems like either we've got something set wrong or there is a seriously long delay between when patches and versions are released and when they're being made available for dHCI. Just want to know what others are seeing before I open another ticket on this.

2 REPLIES 2
mamatadesaiNim
HPE Blogger

Re: dHCI Software Updates Nowhere To Be Found

Can you share your ESXi and NimOS build numbers please?

HPE Nimble Storage
NOS205
Advisor

Re: dHCI Software Updates Nowhere To Be Found

Hello,

I've had similar issues. Initially, once our dHCI was installed and vCenter was upgraded, all the later versions available in the dHCI One Click update via the vCenter plugin were greyed out. Speaking with support about this, it was due to a certain criteria not met regarding the change in cable connections between Nimble OS version 5.3.1.100 and 6.0.0.x. Therefore, we had to go down the manual route of upgrade. We manually upgraded ESXi, NCM and SPP to match that of a validated dHCI catalog entry. We were just left with upgrading the Nimble OS. However, when we go to download the appropriate 6.0.0.x version in the web gui, it won't let us. Spoke to support again and they have put a block in it so now waiting for a fix to be released. Though now, we want to get ESXi upto version 7.0.3 (currently on 7.0.2) but want Nimble upgraded first.

Regards