5500 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Heartbeat LED between 1.4.9 and 2.2.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
cjeter55

Heartbeat LED between 1.4.9 and 2.2.5

We upgraded our array from 1.4.9 to 2.2.5 yesterday. This morning our NOC opened an incident ticket about the heartbeat leds flashing amber. They insist they used to be a solid LED. I can't find anything in the change documents that references the LEDs at all, and as far as I can tell there isn't anything wrong with the array. For their sanity can anyone confirm they are indeed supposed to be flashing.

5 REPLIES 5
Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hello Chris,

This is a common question we see for the CS2x0 and CS4x0 products.

On all systems there is a heartbeat indicator on the front left and right sides of the system. On the CS2x0/CS4x0, the heartbeat indicator flashes AMBER. There is nothing wrong with the system at all; only when do any of the bottom LEDs go RED does that indicate a problem with either the left or right controller. This is regardless of the NimbleOS version that you're running.

In the CS300, CS500 and CS700 systems the heartbeat indicators are now GREEN, as you've correctly pointed out, amber can relate to a problem.

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
cjeter55

Nick,

Thanks for the quick reply. That was my assumption.

Valdereth
Trusted Contributor

Hey Nick - do the LEDs on the two handles correlate to the controller on that side of the array?

You can find the Hardware Guide in the Downloads section of InfoSight, there is a note here indicating that heartbeat color difference.  Its a great guide to refer to if you're curious about what all the blinky lights mean. 

Nick_Dyer
Honored Contributor

valdereth wrote:

Hey Nick - do the LEDs on the two handles correlate to the controller on that side of the array?

That's correct! The lights on the left side of the controller relate to the controller behind it, and the same for the lights on the right side of the array!

Nick Dyer
twitter: @nick_dyer_
Valdereth
Trusted Contributor

Perfect - I suspected that was the case, but didn't want to assume.    Thank you!