Array Setup and Networking
1777254 Members
2464 Online
109066 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How can I get 5.2.1.400-796142 to add and old-ass Nimble to Group and mirror/dump

cowboycraig
Occasional Visitor

How can I get 5.2.1.400-796142 to add and old-ass Nimble to Group and mirror/dump

How can I get 5.2.1.400-796142 to add and old-ass Nimble to Group and mirror/dump.

Have an old Nimble off support and to get the data migrated gracefully to a new supported Nimble need to update it to 5.2.1.400-796142

Support seems to gaurd these old versions... but cannot gracefully get data from an old boat anchor to a new supported Nimlbe without updating an old one from 5.0.

Thanks!
Craig

3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh202
HPE Pro

Re: How can I get 5.2.1.400-796142 to add and old-ass Nimble to Group and mirror/dump

Hi Cowboycraig

As far as these old versions are concerned, they will no longer be available unless the firmware is GA or LTSR
I request you to contact HPE Nimble Tech support to get more information on this.

Hope this helps.!!

Regards
Mahesh.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

mnadharr
HPE Pro

Re: How can I get 5.2.1.400-796142 to add and old-ass Nimble to Group and mirror/dump

If you are planning to decom this old array, why not just use host based migration like storage vmorion? saves you some headache from ading to group.

I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
support_s
System Recommended

Query: How can I get 5.2.1.400-796142 to add and old-ass Nimble to Group and mirror/dump

Hello,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query, and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo