108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Script a Scheduled VSS Clone (and Mount) to Another iSCSI Guest

SOLVED
Go to solution
alex_goltz
Advisor

Script a Scheduled VSS Clone (and Mount) to Another iSCSI Guest

I'm trying to discover if it's possible to script or automate the cloning of two SQL iSCSI volumes (Data and Log), and the mounting of those cloned volumes to a separate SQL server for our Data Analytics team to use.  This second SQL server will be designed with minimal CPU and Memory resources, as well as NO multipathing.

If anyone has any insight on this topic, it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex G

2 REPLIES 2
sleota16

Re: Is it possible to script a scheduled VSS clone (and mount) to another iSCSI guest?

Alex,

Thanks for the post!  I have clients that are using our CLI to automate snapshots and clones all of the time.  Email me @ Panda@nimblestorage.com and I will send you our cli reference guide and reference vol --clone.

also I will ping my piers for some scripts that might help you as a frame work.

cheers,

sTeve- 

rfenton4
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Is it possible to script a scheduled VSS clone (and mount) to another iSCSI guest?

That's a good thread here on creating scripts to automate the taking of clones and mounting them to a speciifc host:

Powershell - create clone, mount clone

There's also a sample script towards the bottom of the thread that does exactly that was created by Adam Herbert

Inside that script you should be able to set Initiator Group that the clones get mounted too

Cheers

Rich