Re: Question about IMS connector in Exchange Server 5.5

SOLVED
Go to solution
Andrey Vasiliev
Contributor

Question about IMS connector in Exchange Server 5.5

Dear experts!

I have a question regarding IMS connector in Exchange 5.5

What will happen if I enter several domains to the Properties->Connections->Message Filtering?
I suppose that adding, for example, mmm.com will not block emails from dd.mmm.com etc?
Also, I suppose that this Message Filtering is only blocking mail from the Internet, not from internal organization?

Thank you in advance!
WBR.
3 REPLIES 3
Jay Long_1
Advisor
Solution

You may want to read TechNet article: 193437
From that article:

Exact domain match entries are valid per the Exchange Server version 5.5 Release Notes:

For example, a domain specified in the list using the following format prevents all messages addressed from domain.com from being delivered.
#@domain.com

A domain specified in the list using the following format prevents all messages addressed from domain.com and all of its subdomains from being delivered.
@domain.com

The Message Filtering dialog box currently allows for the following entries:
user@domain.com
@domain.com
#domain.com
user

In the following two formats, [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] represents a valid IP address.
user@[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
@[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
Andrey Vasiliev
Contributor

And, if I'm not mistaking, if I configure mail filtering for several domains in IMS, it will block only INCOMING (from the Internet) mail?
Jay Long_1
Advisor

Yes, I believe so. Its a list of domains or users that aren't allowed to deliver SMTP messages to your site. It uses the MAILFROM field in the e-mail to determine if the message can be delivered.