108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 2 Blade Servers not displaying properly in Rack view

SOLVED
Go to solution
JMic
Occasional Contributor

2 Blade Servers not displaying properly in Rack view

I have 2 BL25p G2 servers that both appear as half height blades in the rack view of the Blade shelves. In the blade information area the model for both of these blades display as "Model Type: 0x053: undefined". Ani idea what this fix might be for this?
4 REPLIES 4
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

do you have the latest ilo FW on the blades :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=MTX-9f76e0c15d0a4d28825b80df03

if you update through the ilo, extract the exe and use the .bin file.

Then you can update the management module firmware :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=MTX-e25b66dcc42a4b798fc4a7ddaa

This should help the rack view to display properly.
It can be needed to clear the browaser cache or reseat the blades/reset the management module if the problem is still there.

If any questions - ask :)

Pac
V Deepak Kumar
Regular Advisor

Make sure you have installed latest version of PSP on the blades and check for SNMP service is running and make sure you select the option "Accept SNMP packets from all hosts". If this does not help make sure you have flashed the latest firmware on the iLO's and then try to discover them in SIM. Hope this will solve your problem.
Thanks
Deepak
Performance is compulsion and not an option if my existence is to be justified.
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

looks like firmware issue on server.
upgrade ur firmware to latest as pas suggested.
JMic
Occasional Contributor

The problem has been solved now. Thanks to Pac for tipping me off on the ilo firmware. The problem was not with the ilo of the BL25p but with the ilo version of the servers I was using to view the rack with. These happened to be mostly BL20p G3 with ilo version 1.89. I upgraded a few of these to 1.91 and the view is as it should be now.

Cheers
JMic