4280 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

bl460c G6 shows wrong memory information

Sanaullah
Advisor

bl460c G6 shows wrong memory information

Hi All,

We have C7000 Enclouser having Bl460c G1 and Bl460c G6 servers are installed. 15 to 20 days before server has contineously reboot and unexpected shutdown problem occurred. I have updated the Server Latest Firmware also updated the latest PSP. But the problem was not resolve. I replaced all memory the server have on hp recommendation, but the problem was not resolve. So, finally on hp recommendation System Board is replaced.
By replacement of System Board in server. Server show the wrong memory information and have no video.Current faulty server shows 36GB memory while installed memory is (totally 8GB) 4GB module on each processor.
On same server I have replaced two new system boards received from hp one by one. Both system boards have same issue. Initially first time server was installed at totally 8GB RAM up to now it is running on 8GB. I don't know why it shows 36GB.

Which hardware malfunction is going on with this server?
Server is at Down state. Server has 2x Processor installed having 4GB module on each processor.

Kindly advice to resolve this issue. I shall wait for your valueable reply.
1 REPLY 1
SMR
Valued Contributor

Re: bl460c G6 shows wrong memory information

Have you tried removing the second processor and see how much memory is reported?