1753474 Members
4674 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL495c G5 ASR

K-Dubb
Advisor

BL495c G5 ASR

We have 8 BL495c's in a VMWare 3.5 ESX Cluster. Back in October, one of these servers crashed:

ASR Detected by System ROM

HP VMWare found nothing with VMWare that caused this. The hardware team from HP had us run diagnostics which also found nothing wrong. They recommended we upgrade bios, ILO, etc..the usual stuff that they recommend. We did all of this to all of the servers.

2 Days ago, another 495c crashed that is in this cluster. Once again HP support cannot seem to find the reason and it is going down the same channels as it did before.

What am I supposed to do? I have a feeling that this will just happen again in another 3 months to another server.

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
K-Dubb
Advisor

I have been reading that maybe I should disable ARS on these servers so VMWare can create a full dump when another issue occurs. I am seeing this on the VMWare servers. I am not sure how i feel about it.
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Are You using HP SNMP agents / HP-health agents in the ESX ? Which update of the 3.5 ESX ? Consider disabling the ASR totally as You are using the ESX hosts in a cluster.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
K-Dubb
Advisor

Yes we are. I think that is the route I am going to take, especially after seeing this KB.

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1010842