1753263 Members
5237 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Blade C-Class Identification

David Graham_8
Advisor

Blade C-Class Identification

Is there any way of determining which slot of which enclosure a blade is in without using the GUI of RDP/Altiris? I need to set it as a variable.

I need to script Telnet to re-zone the fabric based on which port is it plugged into.

I don't have the C-Class blades yet(on order) and the HP demo ones that we use were flooded in storm.... (not joking)
5 REPLIES 5
Jeff Allen_5
Valued Contributor

Re: Blade C-Class Identification

This answer seems to easy so I must be misunderstanding, but the OA can tell you all of this and it supports telnet.
David Graham_8
Advisor

Jeff... I have not completely explained my aim.

I need to boot from WinPE then run my script to send the telnet commands while knowing my location in the Enclosure.

I realise that if I am doing it the slow way of looking at the onboard administrator with the GUI, but I want to boot the server and zone on the fly by scripting the telnet, so I need to run a command that returns my location in the enclosure. It must be a WMI field as Altiris and HPSIM must work it out somehow.
Frank Ng
Advisor

I know if you are running a linux kernel, you can run dmidecode to pull that information. Information includes rack name, enc name, blade slot #.
Mr Neil

Dave,

We use token replacement and direct SQL queries in altiris.. try these

echo %#!physical_bay@idx%
echo %#!computer@prod_name%
JasonF
Advisor

I'm interested in something similar. We have a daily inventory update script that runs on our servers and uses the hponcfg.exe utility to pull rack, enclosure, and bay info via the iLO for our BL20p blades but the RACK_INFO command doesn't work for the c-class. Is there an alternate way to pull this information for the c-class programmatically from a Windows OS?