1756988 Members
3327 Online
108858 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: BladeSystem OA and LDAP

gerard mcgettigan
Occasional Contributor

BladeSystem OA and LDAP

I have followed the OA User Guide, Enabling LDAP to the letter and cannot log on with an AD user. I keep getting invalid username/password.

I have created the test groups and users in an OU ad have setup the LDAP directory settings to reflect this.

I also copied my DC.cer over and the output of the test is below:

Overall Test Status Failed
Ping Directory Server Passed
Directory Server IP Address Passed
Directory Server DNS Name Not Run
Connect to Directory Server Passed
Connect using SSL Passed
Certificate of Directory Server Failed
User Authentication Passed
User Authorization Failed

Analysis:

Initiating Directory Settings diagnostic for server x.x.x.x
Accepting Directory Server certificate for /C=gb/O=company/OU=Internal Test/OU=Services/CN=testserver.com signed by /C=gb/O=The company/OU=Company QA Internal CA
Warning: certificate does not match Directory Server Address x.x.x.x.
Accepting Directory Server certificate for /C=gb/O=Company/OU=Internal Test/OU=Services/CN=testserver.com signed by /C=gb/O=Company/OU=Company QA Internal CA
Accepting Directory Server certificate for /C=gb/O=Company/OU=Internal Test/OU=Services/CN=testserver.com signed by /C=gb/O=Company/OU=Company QA Internal CA

Test user anonymous authenticated.
Unable to authorize test user.
Some diagnostics FAILED for server x.x.x.xInitiating Directory Settings diagnostic for server x.x.x.x

Test user anonymous authenticated.
Unable to authorize test user.
Some diagnostics FAILED for server x.x.x.x
Tests complete.

Tests complete.

If anyone can help me out?

1 REPLY 1
Julian Stenning
Frequent Advisor

Re: BladeSystem OA and LDAP

Hi

Is your search context ok? It should be along the lines ou OU=something,DC=internal,DC=company,DC=com or CN=users,DC=internal,DC=company,DC=com (using the domain name company.internal.com)

J