6162 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Boot Device being configured...

dchmax
Frequent Advisor

Boot Device being configured...

I'm getting a message when booting..

"Boot device is being configured by Virtual Conenct. System will reboot shortly..."

Its really getting annoying. When I change the system to boot from CD, PXE, ect it hits this point and reboots and then boots from CD. Is this as a result of upgrading to VC firmware 3.01?
7 REPLIES 7
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Hi,

whenever you change the VC server profile this message appears at boot time, or when you assigned/un-assigned a VC profile from a server you get to see this message. This is because when such changes occur there are things that might have to be rewritten again like i.e. customized MAC or WWN addresses Those need to be re-written in the respective component (LAN card , fibre channel card...)

So if no change at the VC profile level has been made, this message should not appear as far as i have been seeing.
During a normal (read no profile change) reboot/restart, you don't see this.

I have not tried V3.10 though.

HTH

Kris
dchmax
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Kris for the response. Its happening after everytime I boot the machine, even with no VC profile changes. Wondering if the blade has faulty hardware.

Has anyone else see this occur?
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

try loading fw 3.3 on VC
dchmax
Frequent Advisor

I've checked HP's site and I'm not finding 3.3 for VC. Can you provide a URL?
juan quesada
Respected Contributor

sorry, 2.33
dchmax
Frequent Advisor

Yeah, I'm half tempted to go back. not sure 3.1 gave me anything worth while. Thanks
dchmax
Frequent Advisor

Just and update. I'm still having this issue. I've contacted HP support and they are giving me the typical run around. Hopefully next week I'll get somewhere because this is really bad. Basically if a blade is rebooted, it reboots 2x, and we all know how long it takes for HP servers to boot.