108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C-Class Virtual Connect

mark_uksouth
Frequent Advisor

C-Class Virtual Connect

Hi all,
Quick question,
I have a c class chassis with 2x1/10gb enet modules.
They are installed in bays 1 and 3, the blades have the 4 port nic mezzaine card installed.
Now when i config a server profile I can add a third nic port OK, when I go to add a forth it comes up with a message stating that some ports are not connected to a VC.
I assume this is due to they way the port mapping are:
Slot 2 port 1 = Bay 3
Slot 2 port 2 = Bay 4
Slot 2 port 3 = Bay 3
Slot 2 port 4 = Bay 4
Is there any way I can change this to force port 2 to Bay 3?
This is a DR system and is in testing at the moment, once signed off we are planing to add a third module.

Thanks

Mark
3 REPLIES 3
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

There is no way to force Mezz slot 2 port 2 to bay 3.

On my system when I add additional network connections for NICs that would connect to something other than VC, the VC Manager lets me. What firmware version are you running? I'm running 1.21.

Is your chassis a c3000 or a c7000?
mark_uksouth
Frequent Advisor

HEM,
It's a c3000, firmware is 2.04 for OA and 1.21 for the VC's.
I can only seem to associate the mezz nic's to the slots of the VC's, can't connect to anything else?
Maybe it's different on the c7000?
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

Ah, OK. there are definite port mapping differences between c3000 and c7000. Just to confirm... the NIC ports do hardwire to the particular bays. I have attached a doc that illustrates the hardwire mapping.

You should be able to create the server profile with the additional network connections even though there is no VC in Bay 4. I think it will give you an error message but proceed to create the profile.