3049 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: C7000 and SB40C Questions

Hal Sarf

C7000 and SB40C Questions

Hi,

I had a couple of questions I was hoping someone could help with:

1) Is there a limit to how many SB40c Storage Blades I can have in my C7000 enclosure? I am considering adding a second SB40c right now. I currently have 11/16 device bay's occupied.

2) Can anyone anticipate any issues installing 6x 600GB 10k SAS SFF drives into a SB40c? Would there be any firmware upgrade requirements, etc?

Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Hi Hal,

For question 2:

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12587_div/12587_div.pdf

says that the 600GB 7.5K SAS drives are supported now. The "Whats New" section indicates that support for the 10K drives is on its way. (guess you need an HP answer about whether it has arrived yet)

Dave
Hal Sarf

Hi Dave,

I saw that in the What's new guide also - do you know if a firmware upgrade is required for "What's New" functionality on an older SB40c?

Thanks
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

You can install a maximum of 8 SB40c storage blades in a C7000 enclosure. They must be installed always in the adjacent slot besides the halfheight blade that needs to connect to that storage.
If you have full height blades, you can have a maximum of 4 storage blades. And they must be in the lower slot besides the full height blade. In the remaining slot just above you can insert 8 half height blades but they do not have access to the storage blades.

Regarding the firmware; always check that you have a recent firmware installed on it. If you want support from HP, you will always need the latest firmware... ;-)
It is not that complicated though with the Firmware CD...

Kr,
Bart
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !