1753437 Members
4957 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: c7000 ip issue

nmiguelrf76
Occasional Contributor

c7000 ip issue

Hi All I am having a similar problem with 2.41 swap two blades in an enclosure and you loose ILO connection EBIPA sends ip but still blades are not pigable
9 REPLIES 9
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Try upgrading the iLO firmware to 1.70 at least.
nmiguelrf76
Occasional Contributor

We tried 1.77 Blade ilo Firmmware and 2.41 OA . WE even tried static IP on both blades and performed swap but still not pingaable. The slot seems to remain bound to the particular blades even when it is changed
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Experienced same issue after moving two BL465C blades within the same C7000 enclosure. Finally had to remove blades, remove their battery for a few (5 ?) minutes and re-insert, as of then it worked fine again.

HTH

Kris

JKytsi
Honored Contributor

I have also noticed this happening. From OA CLI you can ping the ILO IP but not from outside OA. It will start to ping if you wait ~3 hours.

Could it have something to do with MAC address caches etc. in OA --> next switch?
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
CLEB
Valued Contributor

Firmware 2.51 is for out for Onboard Administrator.
nmiguelrf76
Occasional Contributor

Just tested 2.51 This Morning at customer but still having problems. We tried even to switch off the enclosure and waited for 5 mins.Hardware used c7000 enclosure OA 2.51 Blades BL460C ILO latest 1.77 and latest bios 2/11/2009 another Blade BL460C ILO 1.77 and bios 29/2/2009.Take note of the compatabitly list of OA in relation with baldes from HP site if it does make sense cause it does not work.
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

as i mentioned i saw the same but had to finally remove blade, remove battery for x-minutes and after that all was fine again.
Never removed AC power from enclosure to fix it.

HTH

Kris
Naviuk

Hi

I recently did the Firmware update on our C7000 chassis. one chassis i had no issues. the second one i have now lost all the Device bays through the management port. the blades are still avaliable and working but i cannot see them through the management page. I have definely updated all to correct numbers.
I did all of these to the latest before running the Update on the OA. anyone else had this issue?

thanks
Pierre
nmiguelrf76
Occasional Contributor

We are currently testing replacement of both OAs , System tray and Midplane , Action plan as requested by HP engineers, Replacement to be affected this Wednesday