New Discussion юеВ

Re: c7000 using only 1 VC

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jason Ng Teng Po
Frequent Advisor

c7000 using only 1 VC

Hi all,

I have read that the c7000 half height blade (BL460c) port mapping connects...

NIC1 - Interconnect Bay 1
NIC2 - Interconnect Bay 2

If I have only purchased 1 VC which is going to be install on interconnect bay 1, is it possible to configure NIC2 to be able to connect to the VC interconnect bay 1?
3 REPLIES 3
Benoy Daniel
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Jason,

Two VC module gives you redundancy. With one VC module you will able to see both NIC ports.
Jason Ng Teng Po
Frequent Advisor

Ok right now I have a different plan to implement. What if I have the following below

BL460c G6
add on MEZZ NIC 2 port(This gives me 4 NICs)
and 2 VC Enet.

I plan to install the 2 VC on interconnect bay 1 and bay 3

after that I team NIC1 - NIC3 and NIC2 - NIC4

Am I still able to achieve redundancy here?
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Jason,

pls have a look first at the document below so you have a better understanding of the basics of the port mapping, this should help you resolve this.

Check page 17 onwards : http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00816246/c00816246.pdf

Figure 9 on page 20 is what you need to look at.

Just install both VC Eth. interconnects in bay 1 and 2 and you will have NIC redundancy.
There is no way you could team the NIC ports if you don't have them connected to a interconnect, because in your example with the additional mezz card (2 NIC ports) only one of them is connected to a interconnect, not both.
If you add a extra 2 port NIC mezz card, you need two additional VC Eth. interconnects to be able to use them.

Your scenario would be easier in a C3000, but then the redundancy at the interconnect level is different.

HTH

Kris