Re: Can HP Blade working without air conditioning not less than 1 hour

SOLVED
Go to solution
Hadzry Rajab
Occasional Contributor

Can HP Blade working without air conditioning not less than 1 hour

Dear All,

I have 2 questions regarding to HP blade system:

1) Shall HP blade be able to withstand heat and protection against fire under normal room temperature (without Air Conditioning) for a period of not less than one (1) hour

2) Shall HP Blade conform to local power standards of 240 Volt AC (VAC) per phase or 415 Volt AC (VAC) three phase

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

What blade generation are you talking about? c-class?

A C7000 or C3000 enclosure can run on a room at up to 30├В┬║ ambient, the fans usually run at less than 25% power. If they go to 100%, they can cope with the room being above 18├В┬║.

From the C7000 quickspecs:

Input Requirements - Single Phase Model
Rated input voltage: 100 to 120 VAC / 200 to 240 VAC
Rated input frequency; 50 to 60 Hz

Input Requirements - Three Phase International Model
Rated input voltage:
346 VAC to 415 VAC Line to Line
200 VAC to 240 VAC Line to Neutral
3-Phase WYE
Rated input frequency 50 to 60 Hz
Hadzry Rajab
Occasional Contributor

The HP Blade is C-Class (c7000). The HP C7000 must meet the spec of telco NEBS requirement so in my opinion this is why HP blade shall be able withstand heat and protection against fire under normal room temperature (without Air Conditioning) for a period of not less than one(1) hour.

anyway, maybe i can use your points in this case. can you share with me where i can get the sources?

Thanks so much for your help....
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Hadzry,

You are right. HP BladeSystem C7000 carrier-grade platform will work with a wide range of temparature. It is normallu used in Telco industries.

For this type of Enclosure the Input is DC. (-48 V).I don't know normal enclosure supports it or not.

HP BladeSystem now offers DC power, long lifecycles, Networking Equipment Building Systems (NEBS) certification, high reliability, enhanced support for OpenHPI, and carrier-grade Linux.

http://hp.telecomtv.com/mobileworld08/collateral/Dynamic_Virtualization_OpenSAF/datasheet_US_hires.pdf

Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Make sure you have, HP c7000 Carrier Grade before running it without AC.

Yes you can Run it for an hour. It does suppport AC. Please refer to the Below Specs Sheet. Only HP c7000 Carrier Grade supports NEBS.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/blades/components/enclosures/c-class/c7000/comparison.html
Hadzry Rajab
Occasional Contributor

Since it can running within 1 hour i think it is ok. Perhaps i can attach the supporting document with HP blade carrier grade quick spec.

Thank you guys.....