7310 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Cannot add SUS to existing Network in VC

BorysG
Occasional Advisor

Cannot add SUS to existing Network in VC

Hi, All!

I have a configured VC domain with some networks and SUS. One of the network was created without uplink (SUS). This network already used by some server profiles.

Now, need to reconfigure this network for uplink and use existing Shared Uplink Set. On the screen Edit Ethernet Network I cannot enable check-box "Use Shared Uplink Set".

This situation is by design? And I need to create new vNet and reconfigure all server profile which are affected?
4 REPLIES 4
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot add SUS to existing Network in VC

As far as I know, you cannot make this change as long as an active profile is using the vLAN.

Best approach is probably to create new vLAN(s) and add it/them to the appropriate Uplinkset(s). Then modify each profile to use the new vLANs, port by port.

This situation is probably by design, (and I guess, for a reason)

HTH

Dave
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Just to add, I'm pretty sure that you can do this without loss of connectivity, (but don't quote me!), especially if you are configured for NIC teaming.

Just edit and apply the changes one port at a time.

Dave.
BorysG
Occasional Advisor

The Britt,

Edit server profile need to shutdown the server. So, cannot change configuration without stop functionality of service.

However, add unused uplink port(s) to existing network is able.
I think this situation cause by 802.1Q that cannot apply on existing vNet.
The Brit
Honored Contributor

I assume that you tried the edit?

Some edits are allowed without shutting down server. VC Manager knows what it is allowed to do and what it is not. (Although I haven't figured it out). I generally just try it, and if it is not allowed then VCM will just say NO.

Dave.