1753487 Members
4310 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Chassis fail over

Funtoosh
Occasional Advisor

Chassis fail over

I have two C7000 chassis interconnected with CX4. With my first setup , I was able to see primary and linked chassis. But I tried doing failover by pulling OA cable on 2nd chassis . After this stimulated failover both the chassis shows as primary. How can I go back to the original config of primary and linked?

Thanks,
Funtoosh
3 REPLIES 3
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Re: Chassis fail over

Hi,
I think you are getting a little mixed up between VC Domains and "Linked Enclosures"

VC Domains are created by using (normally) CX4 cables to connect VC Ethernet modules in different Interconnect Bays, and even different enclosures. In this case, the CX4 cables are normally referred to as "Stacking Links", and allow the connected VC modules to share VC resources, VLANs, UplinkSets, Profiles, SANs, etc. This has nothing to do with the OA's.

On the otherhand, enclosures are "Linked" using the RJ45 connectors situated between the OA's. This linking is used to allow ease of administration. i.e. administration of linked Enclosures only require one OA login. You should bre able to return your OA's to a linked status by replacing the cable.

HTH

Dave.

Funtoosh
Occasional Advisor

We are using same cable and has nothing changed in terms of cable. As per vendor we should be using 10gig CX4 copper.
Can someone have other suggestion ?
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Funtoosh,
Please describe how your enclosures are linked, including what modules you have installed in your IC Bays.

The OA's do not have CX4 connectors, so I am trying to understand exactly what your problem is!

Dave.