1752587 Members
3799 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Blade System C3000 & Onboard Administrator

sabar123

HP Blade System C3000 & Onboard Administrator

hi,

kindly anyone can help me who to recover lost username & password for onboard administrator?

second is any one can help me in step by step who to start up C-Class blade system i have 1 c3000 enclosure with 4 x bl460 blade server ?

i just power up the blade enclosure first time any i have many errors like missing cooling faN number 5 & 6 and power suppoly i have 4 colling fan and 4 power supply.

any help will be appriciated to startup the system.

5 REPLIES 5
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Blade System C3000 & Onboard Administrator

look for the sticker in OA for default credentials. Or the paper tag which is attached to OA when delivered.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

And here You find all the info about setting up the c-class bladesystem.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
sabar123

thanks for the quick responce i have that user name & password i am asking to recover or reset lost username & password
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Recovering the administrator password
In the event that the administrator password has been lost, misplaced, or forgotten, the following
procedure allows for resetting the administrator password to the factory default that shipped on the tag
with the Onboard Administrator module. The Onboard Administrator resets a lost password to Lost
Password/Flash Disaster Recovery (LP/FDR) mode. To recover the password and reset the administrator
password to the factory default:
Connect a computer to the serial port of the Active Onboard Administrator using a null-modem cable.
1. Open HyperTerminal (in Microsoft├В┬о Windows├В┬о) or a suitable terminal window (in Linux) and
connect to the Active Onboard Administrator.
2. Press and hold in the Onboard Administrator reset button for 5 seconds.
3. Select LP from the serial console prompt.
Press L to boot the system into Lost Password mode. The password appears on the screen as it reboots.

Page 14 of Userguide:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00705292/c00705292.pdf
Ashish_Anand

Regarding second issue reported: missing Fan 5 & 6.

The default position for 4 fan configuration of c3000 enclosure is slot 2, 4, 5 and 6.

The Onboard Administrator governs Fan positioning, and it may change with different firmware versions of the Onboard Administrator.

Action Plan:

1) Insert Fans in slot 2, 4, 5 and 6. If issue persists then follow step 2.

2) Please ensure that OA firmware is latest, then check the OA Insight Display for fix suggested for Fan issue. It should advice in which bay the fans should be inserted.

Note: I could not understand if there any power supply failure reported as well. If yes then please let us know what is the position of the 4 x BL460c servers, and 4 power supplies.