BladeSystem - General
1752717 Members
5873 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM /w Blade iLO Integration

CTIGeorge

HP SIM /w Blade iLO Integration

I have a customer with three Blade Chassis' managed via an HP SIM installation (2x c7000, 1x c3000).

The customer also has 3x iLO Select licenses. I would like to be able to assign these licenses within HP SIM to the 'All Management Processors' OU. That way the customer will have 3 available concurrent licenses in order to be able to utilize SSO directly into iLO within the individual blades.

Is this possible? If so, how? I have installed the licenses within HP SIM however am unsure how to assign them. When I attempt to assign a license to 'All Management Processors' it requests a username/password for each individual iLO IP. Shouldn't SSO utilize AD credentials via HP SIM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

the SSO will work when launching ILO console from SIM. And it will utilize SIM credentials to ILO not AD. AD can be used when doing SIM logins.

you licence systems from SIM by "licence manager" and choose assign licences. It needs and administrator account for ILO to do that. You can also specify that to protocol settings of ILOs so no credentials are needed when doing licence.

OR
You licence the ILO straight from ILO web page
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
CTIGeorge

Thank you for the response.

Currently iLO SSO does not function from within SIM. When I attempt to gain access to an iLO IP of a blade through SIM I am presented an iLO sign on page.

I have installed the 3 iLO select licenses, however am not sure where to assign them.

Ultimately, my question is how to assign SIM credentials for SSO of iLO?

You mention changing a protocol for iLO doesn't require credentials when assigning a license? How do I do that?

Thanks in advance
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

You installed the licenses to SIM with licence manager right ??
Use same tool, select the ILO select license and click "manage licences" then You can choose invidual license and now you should see assign licence button.

OR if that doest not work for you
go to administration tab --> licensing

JKytsi
Honored Contributor

you have to assign the licences first, then you must configure ILO for SSO usage.

That You do in ILO.
Go to Administration tab--> security --> HP SIM SSO -->choose trust by cert --> add the cert from your SIM ip

CTIGeorge

Here in lies the problem. We have 3 total Bladecenters (2x c7000, 1x c3000) with a total of 40 blades.

We were only given 3 total iLO Select licenses. I am trying to figure out if we can assign these 3 licenses to the 'All Management Processors' OU so we are able to have 3 concurrent SSO iLO connections (by dynamically assigning those 3 available licenses).

When I attempt to assign each iLO Select license to the entire OU, each IP requests a username/password.

Does this help clarify?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

You must mean BladeSYSTEM.

No, you cannot do that. The iLO select license is applied to an individual iLO. You will need a license for EACH of your blade servers.
CTIGeorge

I apologize, yes I meant BladeSYSTEM.

So that I understand correctly, the ONLY way to achieve SSO for each iLO IP within any number of blades (through SIM) is to purchase a dedicated iLO Select license for EACH blade?

SIM doesn't have any type of dedicated licensing to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

Yes ...that is correct. You need a licence per server. You can manually unassign a licence and re-assing it to another ILO but in that time you have logged in to the ILO several times.

David Claypool
Honored Contributor

No, you CANNOT un-install a license and apply it to a different server. That is a violation of the end-user license agreement.