108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: iSCSI traffic configuration

SOLVED
Go to solution
gslbermuda
Occasional Advisor

iSCSI traffic configuration

Configuring iSCSI settings on a AiOSB600C so that iSCSI traffic is seperated from public network. We currently have all 4 nics on the server in a team. If we want to seperate iSCSI traffic, will we have to either:
*add additional NIC's
or
*break the team into two seperate teams consisting of two NICs each, which then one team would be used for iSCSI traffic and the other for public traffic.
8 REPLIES 8
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

Or you can create host based vlans from the teaming utility.
gslbermuda
Occasional Advisor

host based vlans? can you explain or provide maybe some links as to where I can find more info on this configuration?
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

On the teaming utility you have a buttom that says VLAN, it will allow you to create multiple virtual interfaces bind to the team or the phyisical NIC, those will look like new local area connections, then you can have the iSCSI traffic isolated.

Check the attached file.

gslbermuda
Occasional Advisor

O.K. I understand that part, but do I first team the nics and then create the vlan on the team? Or do I vlan each nic first and then team them together?
Also, this may or may not be related, but the server has (4) nics that consist of:
(2) HP NC373i
(2) HP NC360m
When I team all nics together as one, I get a message stating that TCP Offload Engine and Large Send Offload is disabled because of incompatable reasons. I'm going to have to team only the same model NICs together?
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

If you create the team with the 4 NICs those features will be disabled since NC360 doesnt support it. Regarding the VLANs, I├В┬┤d say create the team first, then create many vlans as you need.... traffic for all vlans will go to the team, therefore will be load balanced accross the physical NICs.
gslbermuda
Occasional Advisor

THANKS!!! for you help.
Greatly appreciated.
So if I can't use the TCP offload engine is this going to be a problem?
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Not at all...
gslbermuda
Occasional Advisor

OK. Assigned points and thanks!