1748166 Members
3533 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OA reporting Critical iLO errors

Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

OA reporting Critical iLO errors

I have both c3000 and c7000 enclosures, OA is 2.25, VC is 1.32, iLO 1.61. Blades are bl460c and bl480c running Linux and Windows. OA is reporting that various iLO have critical error. Error says make sure you are running iLO2 version 1.30 or later. If I power off blade and reseat the server, the error goes away for awhile, eventually it seems to come back (hours or days later). Now I have 6 servers out of 16 reporting critical iLO errors. These are the latest FW versions available. Anyone seen this? Do I need to downgrade something?
9 REPLIES 9
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Login to OA CLI. And try the command:
Reset Server on the blades where you are seeing this problem.
This command Reset the server bay by momentarily removing all power. Most of the times it will work fine.
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

while issuing a hard reset will clear the critical error for now, I think it will still come back- at least I would assume it will since the error did return when I did the same thing by reseating the server. Also my servers are in use so this really isn't a good solution when applications are running.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

If you don't want to Reset.
Can you See any messages in the OA syslog? for those Problematic blades?
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

if I issue show syslog server X on a failed blade, all I get is "Server X syslog: Operation failed.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Can you Ping to the iLo's? are they UP?
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

no, can't ping the ones that have failed. But I can log in to the OS running on the blade with the failed iLO. I have reset all but one iLO now but I think they will fail again. At least they have done so in the past. I'm wondering if it is a problem with the 1.61 iLO fw or some incompatibility between OA fw and iLO fw.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

What does the OA syslog say about the Blades?
Carolyn_8
Frequent Advisor

I tried to get this thru the CLI but it only has 1.5 days worth of messages and nothing about the blade that still is failed. Only about the ones that I just reset. Is there another way to see the log other than thru the cli using "show syslog OA"?
Neal Bowman
Respected Contributor

this is typical of DNS issues. confirm the IP address of the ILO adapter in OA. If you are using static mappings, make sure you have correctly set the subnet mask, default gateway, and and DNS servers in OA.

Also confirm that the ILO OA says it is using is not in use elsewhere on the network.

You can reset the ILO from within the Insight Agents, which will force the ILO to reset itself, attempting to refresh it's Ip if it is using DHCP.

Hope this helps,
Neal