1748202 Members
2974 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

OA Reports Incorrect Memory Size For BL465c

C. Michael Roberson
Occasional Contributor

OA Reports Incorrect Memory Size For BL465c

I have a c7000 enclosure configured with 12 BL465c Blades. All Blades were pre-configured with 16GB memory. I was out of town for the installation, but when I returned I documented the Blade and Enclosure info from the OA (F/W 2.13). At that time all blades displayed 16GB of memory which is correct. Later in the week I was replacing a defective blade, and the customer said two of the other blades were reporting incorrect memory size. She said one was reporting 24GB and the other 32GB. I checked the OA Insight Display and Blade 4 was indeed showing it had 24GB. All of the other blades showed 16GB. I did not see one with 32GB. The customer was working with the blade so I was unable to take it down and physically check the memory DIMMs. I obtained the necessary memory DIMMs (through sales) to bring the blades back to 16GB but when I got onsite, lo and behold, the OA Insight Displayed showed 16GB for Blade Four! Has anyone seen this before, that is, the OA reporting incorrect memory size for blades, then again showing correct memory size?
2 REPLIES 2
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Re: OA Reports Incorrect Memory Size For BL465c

Did you verify the iLO when you had the Problem with the memory.
It looks like a communication problem between iLO and OA. Can you please check the if some one updated the iLO firmware during that time.

OA reporting incorrect memory size for blades, then again showing correct memory size?
May be due to Communication lost and recovered.

C. Michael Roberson
Occasional Contributor

Re: OA Reports Incorrect Memory Size For BL465c

iLo was already upgraded to 1.50 (current). No other changes were being made to the blade to my knowledge.