BladeSystem - General
1748089 Members
5024 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

P-class enclosure power-up initialization time.

fushigi
Advisor

P-class enclosure power-up initialization time.

Gurus just a query;

Excerpt from C7000 blade enclosure;

When the enclosure powers up for the first time, it might take up to 5 minutes before all server blades are
initialized and recognized by the Onboard Administrator. The time it takes to complete initialization
depends on the number of server blades configured in the enclosure. For example, a full enclosure of 16
server blades might take 5 minutes to power up, while an enclosure with fewer server blades might take
less time. Server blades are powered up incrementally, starting from device bay 1.

Is the above rules also applied for P-class 1U blade enclosure?
Tried reading some P-class enclosure installation manuals but no luck. If you have any thoughts about it, please let me enlighthen or if you have a link kindly guide me.

Regards,
4 REPLIES 4
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

Re: P-class enclosure power-up initialization time.

Hi there,

I heart from some people, that it could take even more time - for example 1-2 hours.

Note, that P-class has no OA, but a management modul.

I don' understand what u mean under "1u" P-class enclosure. As far as I know there are 2 types - normal (the old one) and enhanced (much better, with ilo port on the management module).
fushigi
Advisor

...sorry to make you confuse, what i mean is "P-class 1U power enclosure".

and btw, thanks for the info. Do you think it takes that long to power up the enclosure?...just wondering though.

Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

no, 1U power enclosure powers up instantly and power available for blade enclosure to power up blades, switches in p-Class might take 2-4 minutes for start, blades itself might need from 5-20 seconds till AMBER LED show power available press and go, this applies when assumptions that we have necessary power to power up all blades. With 1U enclosure you should have enough power especially if you have 4 or 6 PSU for 8 or 16 blades.
fushigi
Advisor

Hi Oleg!

That was informative. Seems that p-class power enclosure and C-class power enclosure shared the almost same power-cycle-time capability.

Thanks!^_^

no, 1U power enclosure powers up instantly and power available for blade enclosure to power up blades, switches in p-Class might take 2-4 minutes for start, blades itself might need from 5-20 seconds till AMBER LED show power available press and go, this applies when assumptions that we have necessary power to power up all blades. With 1U enclosure you should have enough power especially if you have 4 or 6 PSU for 8 or 16 blades.