New Discussion юеВ

Problem with Flex NICs showin as "Not Linked"

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nick Eoannidis_1
Occasional Advisor

Problem with Flex NICs showin as "Not Linked"

Hi All,

We have a c7000 enclosure with x5 BL490c G6 and x2 VC Flex-10 Enet modules.

The VC Flex-10 modules are in bay 1 and 2.
We have the CX4 10Ge link on each Flex module that goes back to our Cisco 6509 core. I have configured each link on its own shared uplink set.

Within Virtual Connect each uplink set shows as linked/active. The cisco end is dot1q and the VC end is set to auto on both uplink sets.

The problem i am experiencing is the blades FLEX nic's - when assigning a profile i am any of port 2's 4 nics are showing as not linked. i am not sure if this is because theres a fault or the stacking link between the vc's is active and the inbuilt loop prevention is active. Its really strange - i can boot and blade and port 2s nics will say active and as soon as ESX is up its not linked. then i will reset the blade and the same problem happens.

what am i doing wrong?
7 REPLIES 7
HEM_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Problem with Flex NICs showin as "Not Linked"

what bays are the servers in?

try moving the servers (and server profiles) to the bottom bays starting at bay 9 instead of having them on the top bays.

Nick Eoannidis_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi HEM,

I removed the blade from bay 1 and moved to un used bay 6 and it worked .. ive noticed bay 2 has randomly dropped the second flex nic too. Any reason why this happens?
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

try making sure that when you populate blades in a Flex10 enclosure that you put them in the bottom slots first.

Or, don't install a blade in bays 1-8 unless the slot below it is already populated.

Nick Eoannidis_1
Occasional Advisor

HEMs comments have solved my query
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

HEM, how did you find out this rule? Is this a known issue documented somewhere?
Michael Leu
Honored Contributor

Ooops, this is already requested here http://forums.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1365230
so please disregard my post above.
Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

Hello Folks,

This issue with linked speed at 0MB is resolved in VC FW 2.12 just released a few days ago.

See it on: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3794431&taskId=135&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=3794423тМй=en&cc=us

Best Regards, Jeroen Kleen HP ISS GCC
(I am an HPE employee)