BladeSystem - General
1748169 Members
3781 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Rapid Deployment Pack - Updating PSP/Drivers?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Chris Stephens
Advisor

Rapid Deployment Pack - Updating PSP/Drivers?

Is there a way to update the Proliant Support Pack installed by the RPD? I'm taking over an RPD install that was abandoned a while back and I found the directory that holds the Proliant Support Pack drivers necessary for the installation under \lib\osoem. However these are extremely out of date. How can I update the packages here? Is the only way to install an updated version of RPD?
5 REPLIES 5
Cederberg
Honored Contributor
Solution

The OSOEM drivers is only used during install and is overwritten when you deploy the whole proliant supportpack. The scripted deployment jobs usualy have a script for deploying the PSP at the end of installation.

To update the RDP version is not the only way but the recomended way. There are a whole lot of textfiles to be edited to get the new drivers to work. Like textoem.txt and so on.

And there are new hardware supported in newer versions of RDP and Operatingsystems. My recommendations is to upgrade your RDP.
Chris Stephens
Advisor

"And there are new hardware supported in newer versions of RDP and Operatingsystems. My recommendations is to upgrade your RDP."

Do you have to pay for an upgrade to RDP? We have a support contract for the version we are currently on.
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

RDP is Free it's the licenses for the servers that costs money.. Don't know how the support contract works if it gets upgraded when you install a new version...

You can download rdp at http://www.hp.com/go/rdp

If the supportcontract is valid in upgrade situations you might be able to get a HP tech to come and help you with the upgrade or reinstall..
Chris Stephens
Advisor

"RDP is Free it's the licenses for the servers that costs money.. Don't know how the support contract works if it gets upgraded when you install a new version..."

That's what I thought. Guess I'll give HP a call and see how those licenses will pull over if I install the latest version over the top.

Thanks for the info Cederberg!
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

The licenses should stay in RDP if you install over your current RDP. But then comes the next problem does your version support beeing upgraded to latest.. call hp to get the best info after all it├В┬┤s their application ;-)