1747983 Members
4679 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Rapid deployment windows installation error

usiddiqi
Advisor

Rapid deployment windows installation error

I'm using RDP to install windows in our BL460c servers. BL460c boot with PXE and started the installation. After copying windows files, at the time of installation, it says windows installation cannot continue.

When I checked on other screen, it says
F:\>c:\i386\winnt32.exe /S: C:\i386 /unattend C:\unattend.txt /syspart C: /tempdrive C:

I tried this with several DL460c, but all of them stop at the same point

Appreciate your help in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Have you checked for the "F:" ?? is it shared ?
or is it named something else.. g:,h: /.. etc

Regards.
usiddiqi
Advisor

Drive F: is mapped OK, since it has copied all the files to C:\i386

usiddiqi
Advisor

I've tried so many different things, but I'm stuck at same place.

When installation stopped without any error, I checked the BL460 c:\I386 directory and try to install windows server 2003 by running c:\i386\winnt32.exe, after entering windows key and language setting, I checked convert the filesystem to NTFS, next screen same message something like "Windows installation fail, either you have stop the installation or error has occurred"

I need help.
William E Howard
Regular Advisor

Strange error. I assume you are doing a scripted install. Are you using the default RDP scripted install or did you customize it?

My fallback for any error I can't quickly explain is to recreate my WinPE image and recreate my script from the RDP master.
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

What does your network topology look like? do you have pass-thru modules in the c-class or embedded switches? Where is the RDP server?

If you are connecting at 100 Mb anywhere check to make sure there are no duplex mismatches.

Quite often, unexpected errors can be caused by excessive packet loss on the network due to duplex mismatches or other network issues.
usiddiqi
Advisor

I gave up on that and install one server manually and replicate OS to others.

I'm using default script to load both RHEL and Windows. Same error on both OS

I'm using HP 1:10 switches. I;ve checked the switches and connectivity, no issue there