108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Smart array firmware upgrade

abksardar
Occasional Contributor

Smart array firmware upgrade

Smart array fw update

Hi All
I want update smart array firmware on hp blade gen 8 on enclosure c7000 running solaris 10 on it. Kindly guide me complete procedure to update.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello, 

Please share the complete server model detail as well as complete OS information.

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

A_basit
Occasional Contributor

Hi
As I mentioned details furthermore server model is HPE Blade 460c gen 8 and solaris 10 is running on it.
Your response is highly appreciated
Thanks
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Follow the below link to update the firmware.

If the SA controller firmware is very old with the latest...Do not update the latest firmware directly. you have to update the firmware incremental. For example:Version:6.64 (15 Jun 2015)----->Version:7.02 (B) (7 Apr 2016)---->Version:8.32 (2 Nov 2017)

* RECOMMENDED * Supplemental Update / Online ROM Flash Component for Linux - Smart Array P220i, P222, P420i, P420, P421, P721m, and P822

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_4aec44ac24e64df39c9ed95782

Follow the installation instructions

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo