108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unable to complete VirtualConnect Domain set-up wizard

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stuart Coleshill
Occasional Advisor

Unable to complete VirtualConnect Domain set-up wizard

After installing a c7000 blade enclosure with dual VC-Enet cards and Dual VC-FC Modules I try to run the Virtual connect domain setup wizard.

However, I get as far as entering the OA user name and password for the local Enclosure and then get the folowing error.

"Unable to connect to the Onboard Administrator. Please verify that Onboard Administrator modules in this enclosure have firmware version 1.20 or later.
"

Both OAs are running 2.04. I got the same error when they were both running 2.02 as well.

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to complete VirtualConnect Domain set-up wizard

Hi Coleshill,

What is the VC firmware version. Are you using 1.21?

The latest VC firmware is in the below link:
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/28036.html?jumpid=re
g_R1002_USEN

Regards,
Raghuarch
HEM_2
Honored Contributor
Solution

Stuart:

you might be in a tricky spot... you can't see the VC FW version nor update it without importing the enclosure from the domain setup wizard. It is possible that you have an early version of VC code that is not interacting with the newer OA code properly.

Do you have another enclosure maybe with OA fw 1.30, that you could plug the VC modules in and import, then upgrade to 1.21?

If not you might have to look at backreving your OA fw version to 1.30 and running the domain setup wizard to get VC running.

There might be a few other options, you might consider opening a call with HP.
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Hi Coleshill,

you can try this:
To upgrade a firmware from CLI.
Open a CLI session to OA.Execute the command

Connect interconnect "bay number"
you will be prompted to login to CLI.

update the firmware from the CLI.
below is the link for VC CLI user guide.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01176739/c01176739.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Regards,
Raghuarch
Stuart Coleshill
Occasional Advisor

Thanks guys. I'll try the CLI option. HEM is correct, I can't work out the VC FW level as I can't run the domain set up. a real catch 22.

We do have 2 other enclosures, but the OAs in them are also on 2.04 so I suspecty I'd have the same result anyway.

Also I understand it's not a good idea to mix and match VC and Non VC modules in the same enclosure so as they are very very LIVE it's not a good idea to try it.

I'll let you know.

Cheers, Stu
Stuart Coleshill
Occasional Advisor

Ok, so here's what I ended up having to do.

Downgrade the bios on the OAs to 1.30. Then VC Wizard could connect to the OA. The modules were running 1.10 and I was able to upgrade to 1.21.

Then it was a case of upgrading the OAs back up to 2.04 and all looks good now.

A real fun day that was...

Thanks for you help and suggestions guys.