108860 Solutions
New Discussion

Update VC-FC 4GB firmware fails using VCSU 1.6

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael_505
Occasional Contributor

Update VC-FC 4GB firmware fails using VCSU 1.6

Trying to update two Flex10 ethernet modules (bays1 and 2) and two 4GB FC modules (bays 3 and 4) to V3.30. Healthcheck showed everything was ok. The modules in Bays 1 and 2 upgraded successfully but bays 3 and 4 failed. Reseated modules, ran upgrade again. The Flex10's were recognize as current on firmware, VCSU tried to update the FC modules again, failed again. Attached is the log of the final attempt after the Flex 10's had already been upgraded. VCM now shows incompatible firmware on the FC modules.

Any help appreciated...

2 REPLIES 2
jamamushi
Occasional Advisor

Re: Update VC-FC 4GB firmware fails using VCSU 1.6

Try using an older version of the VCSU, in previous versions it would let you chose one specific module, I noticed that the newer version does not let you specify a bay number. I also ran into the issue when I was running the VCSU from a system on a different subnet than the enclosure. My workaround was to run it from a server, in my case a VM within the same enclosure, therefore the traffic never leaves the enclosure and it went through fine. Firewall can prevent an update to succeed and interestingly it only happens on the FC modules.
Michael_505
Occasional Contributor
Solution

Re: Update VC-FC 4GB firmware fails using VCSU 1.6

Thanks for the reply, I should have updated my post. Yes, it was a subet issue. The customer had changed IP's on the everything except the VC FC modules. Reset the modules to the same subnet, download went fine.