BladeSystem - General
1757970 Members
2915 Online
108866 Solutions
New Discussion

VC FlexFabric 10G performance

JoseRu

VC FlexFabric 10G performance

i'm new with this about VC Flex thing, by default my enclosure has 2 Vc flex;  i wonder if i'm planning to have my enclosure at max = 16 Blades,  two VC Flex will give me the right performance or i shall have more than two?

Is there any kind of rule about depends of number of blades what is the number of VC Flex i shall have?

Also if you can provide me with any documentation will be nice.

Regards.

1 REPLY 1
LouisH
Valued Contributor

Re: VC FlexFabric 10G performance

you should have a pair of VC Flex-10 or FlexiFabric interconnects. The slots to install them are based on where the 10GB network is located. If on-board, the modules should be in Bays 1 and 2 for redundancy.

If the 10GB network is from a mezzanine card installed it would map to the associated bays for that connector.

For example: BL460/G7 has two mezzanine slots. The first mezzanine connector maps to bays 3 and 4 interconnect backplane (usually this would be for SAN HBAs), and the second would be to bays 5,6,7 and 8.

you could have two (VC)  10GB interconnect modules in bays 1 and 2 for on-board NICs,

two (VC) 10GB interconnects in bays 3 and 4, and two more in bays 5 and 6 as long as you installed mezzanine cards into both connectors on the blade.

Regards,

Louis