Re: Viewing Bl460c information via OA

daniel pangallo
Advisor

Viewing Bl460c information via OA

When Viewing BL460c information Via the OA, displayed is

-Product ID
-sysbrd Part number
-CPU type and Quanity ( Quad or DUal)

I have an Enclosure that shows the Product ID as a Quad core Product ( 435459-B21) but the Part number says dual sysbrd ( 410299-001)
CPU's show Quad core

WHere does the OA get this information from
BL460C Bios? I know you can set Product ID and Serial number, don't remember seeing where you can set a part number.

8 REPLIES 8
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The Product ID in BIOS is the part number of the system
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
daniel pangallo
Advisor

I am confused, how can this be? The product ID and system brd part number are not compatable, 43459-b21 is a Quad core product ID, 410299-001 is the spare part number for a Dual core sysbrd
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Do you think that "dual sysbrd ( 410299-001)" might refer to "dual processor", i.e. 4-core.

??

Dave
daniel pangallo
Advisor

part number 438249-001 is the part number for the Quad core Cpu's and part number 410299-001 is for the Dual core CPU's

a BL460c, with a product ID of 43549-B21 SHOULD HAVE system brd part number 438249-001 THis is why I am confused, and why I ask the question as to where doe the System board part number come from when viewing via the OA.

I may have to pull the server and physically check the part number on the system brd, unless I can learn if this info is pulled from a configurable location such as the Product ID or Serial number. Data that gets changed in the BIOS, by the user, when a system board is replaced. I just don't remember being able to set the system board PART NUMBER in the BIOS
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

The part number (product ID) and spare part number are not the same
No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi Daniel,

The spare part number for the system board is not a configurable field in the system RBSU. You are correct that the serial number and product ID can be changed this way.

Your part numbers are also accurate and I see no sign that the 410299-001 board supports quad-core processors. Strange!
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

And what is the actual problem...?

Is it that you think quad-core processors do not work in a dual-core motherboard? I would be thinking that I cannot think of a reason why they would not work.
daniel pangallo
Advisor

I have seen problems if you install quad core cpu's on dual core brds, it will tell you during post, or Cpu status will be off. In this case, all is working just the OA seeing the Dual partnumber instead of Quad part number brd/????