1753797 Members
8005 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Virtual Connect and LDAP integration

VijaySharma
Occasional Contributor

Virtual Connect and LDAP integration

I am trying to configure LDAP integration in Virtual Connect Manager. I believe I have provided all relevant information correctly inlcuding two search Context strings - one for LDAP users and second for LDAP group, but when I test the settings, I get an error message " Couldn't find user DN ( search context issue, likely).
Using same settings, I have successfully tested LDAP integration of OA logins, but VC logins fail.

Any hint for a possible cause??

Is it a must to upload Directory Certificate for VC LDAP integration?? I have not uploaded Directory certificate for LDAP integration of OA, but it works.
11 REPLIES 11
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Is it a must to upload Directory Certificate for VC LDAP integration?? NO.

If the same credentials work for OA, then it should work for VC. What is the VC version?
Did you try resetting it ?
VijaySharma
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the confirmation. Meanwhile I had uploaded Directory certificate as well, but it did not solve the problem.

I have resetted VC mulitple times, cleared cache etc., but it didn't help.

VC version is 2.01.
Rob Leist
Occasional Advisor

Any luck with this? I'm having the exact same problem and I'm now on firware 2.02 which was suppose to have some LDAP fixes in it.

Thanks,
Rob
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

If you do not have Flex10 modules I would say, try VC FW 1.34. VC FW 1.34 has some definite LDAP fixes in it:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01646151/c01646151.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

VC 2.x does not show LDAP fixes in the release notes:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01610324/c01610324.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

If you have Flex10 VC Modules then you have to stay at 2.x firmware
Julian Stenning
Frequent Advisor

Hi -

I've also spent a lot of time try to get VC LDAP integration to work without success (whilst OA LDAP works fine).

After posting a few threads on this forum, I personally feel the VC LDAP authentication simply doesn't work and as yet I've not heard from anyone saying they have it working.

Julian.
Rob Leist
Occasional Advisor

It was my understanding that all the fixes in 1.34 would be rolled into 2.02. On the 2.02 revision history 1.34 is listed as a predecessor.
Julian Stenning
Frequent Advisor

I'm pretty sure I've tried with both, without success.

What is frustrating is that for the same functionality on both VC & OA, the web interface & configuration options are not the same. From a user/customer perspective I would like to see is commonality in the configuration options (i.e. perhaps using the same code, or at least looking like it), or being able to control access and authentication to the VC modules via the OA.

Julian.
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure 2.02 does not have all of 1.34 fixes rolled in to it.

Look at the release notes of 1.34 and 2.02 from my post above. 1.34 has LDAP fixes in it. The 2.02 release notes talk about fixes from 2.01, 2.00 and 1.31.
HPMAN_1
Occasional Advisor

I have talked to the VC support staff and they have indicated that 2.01 and 2.02 did not have fixes for LDAP. Since then VC 1.34 came out which addressed the LDAP issue. Uploading the certificate is not necessary but if you are going to restrict local user accounts then I would recommend it.