4650 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: virtual connect: assignin server profiles to several bays

SOLVED
Go to solution
Teemu Lehtola

virtual connect: assignin server profiles to several bays

I can only assign one server bay to server profile. How to assing more than one server bay to use same profile.

Do I really have to make profile for every bay or have I done something wrong?
5 REPLIES 5
David Claypool
Honored Contributor
Solution

A profile contains the MAC and WWN IDs plus vSN (if used); it must be unique for each bay.
Mark Wibaux
Trusted Contributor

Yes you need a profile for each serer bay. However what you do is just copy the profile and then assign it to a new server bay.
I normally create a "template" profile that I leave unassigned. When I have a new server I can then go to the Unassigned section click the copy profile (or duplicate) button and then assign it to my new server.
Teemu Lehtola

Thank's for you two.

My question has been aswered. We copy network profiles from "template" profiles.
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

There was a function in previous FWs that allowed profiles to be created/assigned to 1-16 bays at once from GUI. No it's removed and CLI is the only way to create/assign several profiles.
Also latest VCEM has that feature.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Teemu Lehtola

When starting a new server enviroment making many profiles is not problem. When we create domain and never need to fallback to single vc configuration, all configuration will be reset. "Deleting a domain returns all settings to factory default.This action cannot be undone. Be sure that all servers in the domain are powered off."

How to manage that kind of situation in small c-class enviroment without long downtime. Not to use domain at all, or use it and let one vc to be on (configured) all time? Any comments in situation or in change management generally in vc enviroment?