1745913 Members
4521 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Where do I begin

stevegray
Frequent Advisor

Where do I begin

Just got a new blade c-class system with no OS on any of the blades. I do not even know where to begin. This is a first for me.

Anyway HP hardware says I have to install the windows server 2003 on a Blade first. When I try to install the system console says something about the video resolution is out of range. Then the screen goes blank.

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Dear Stevegray,
Provided information is not sufficient for providing any specific resolution.
Please check the Guides available at following URL for installation support :
http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/cache/316682-0-0-0-121.html

Hope that would help in initial deployment.
TarunJain

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
src="/html/assets/hpe_banner_SME_signature.p ng">

stevegray
Frequent Advisor

I am interested in why the console says video resolution is out of sysnc when installing windows server 2003.

Thanks for the link. That will help once I get past the windows install.
Mi6t0
Trusted Contributor

It is probably caused by the firmware version of the Onboard Administrator, there was such an issue with the versions below 1.20. Try updating to 2.10

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1842750&prodNameId=3288156&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-24b81875234f43f998d3b8afcb

Regards,
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Hi,
Are u referring to ilo console or KVM or local Monitor ?
Video Resolution out of range message indicates that the monitor is not supporting the Resolution coming from the input source.

Please check the installation should be succesfull with any of these three option.
Hope that would help
TarunJain

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
src="/html/assets/hpe_banner_SME_signature.p ng">

stevegray
Frequent Advisor

Yes. I am referring to the console.

Thanks for replies.
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Just one question: When you reboot the server, do you see anything on the Integated Remote Console?
Because you should at least see the HP logo and the POST messages. If this is not the case, the blade is not even booting. IRC reports an unsupported mode, like in p-Class it showed the message "the console is in an unsupported text mode".
jfh777
Advisor

Is that message generated by the KVM/monitor itself, or the blade you are trying to install? Because generally Windows will adjust, or at least give you the chance to adjust. It should come up, even at 640x480. Good luck!
stevegray
Frequent Advisor

I got enough info to at least start the process.

Points assigned.

Thank you.