1753396 Members
6993 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Compaq Wireless PC Card WL100 11Mbps

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Compaq Wireless PC Card WL100 11Mbps

I bought a Compaq Wireless Model WL100 11 Mbps, and downloaded the latest drivers.

The problem is that the laptop does not detect the card. I tried installing it manually, but I get the yellow indicator nect to the device.

I plugged in another card, (Adaptec SCSI) to test the PCMCIA and that card was detected and installed.

Does anyone have any clues as to how to activate this card?

I have the IBM ThinkPad T20 2647-84u. I have the MiniPCI chip with the Intel Pro/100+ and the modem combo card. I am running Windows2000, with no sevice packs or updates.

Thanks

Leonard
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Compaq Wireless PC Card WL100 11Mbps

I have no problems detecting the card but the card will not install properly. I bought 2 of the WL100 pcmcia cards and a WL400 Access Point. I tried installing the WL100 cards on a Toshiba Tecra 8100 in W2K prof, Windows ME and Windows 98, but I cannot get the card to work. I also tried to install the card on a IBM Thinkpad 600E running W2K prof, same story.
Under Windows 98/ME the error that I see in Device Manager is, "The device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed (Code 10).
Under W2K (SP1), the I get a varierty of problems including BSOD, system freezing untill I remove the pcmcia card and so on and so on....
I have spent quite some time to get this stuff to work, but it just won't work. Some advice from me if you can return the products go for the Cisco Wlan implementation which works just great and installs smooth.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Compaq Wireless PC Card WL100 11Mbps

Same problem for me, but I have an M700 it seems that under windows2000 (I have all Service packs installed) AL 100 does not work.
Somebody has succesfully installed an AL 100 card with a WL400 base?