1748128 Members
3492 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 3COM 3824 manageable switch - ip reset to none

pieterk

3COM 3824 manageable switch - ip reset to none

hi all...

my company had a 3824 manageable switch, a few days ago, i telnet the device and would like to change its IP, but when the device asked me to chose i mistakenly type 'n' and press enter, after that mistake, i cannot telnet the device again.

does any body have an idea to change its IP?

thanks in advance, guys.
5 REPLIES 5
Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Hi, Pieter.

Regarding the console terminal, try to connect to the port using Hyper Terminal with different settings and speed. The default is 38400, 1, n, n; I think.

Actually when you type n when setting the IP address, you choose to set up the IP to none, that's why the switch doesn't have an IP address.

The only way to set up a new IP is through console, since you don't have access to the switch using telnet.

Regards

Regards,
Fred Mancen
pieterk

hi all...

my company had a 3824 manageable switch, a few days ago, i telnet the device and would like to change its IP, but when the device asked me to chose i mistakenly type 'n' and press enter, after that mistake, i cannot telnet the device again.

does any body have an idea to change its IP?

thanks in advance, guys.
Fred_Mancen_1
Super Advisor

Did you already tried to connect to it through the console port?

regards

Regards,
Fred Mancen
pieterk

hi fred.

no actually. i never use 3COM device before, in my previous company, we use CISCO, huawei, and Linksys Products. i had set the device's IP to none, and if i directly connect my PC to the console port, what i should do next?

This message was edited by pieterk on 10-5-09 @ 8:09 PM
pieterk

hi fred,

i had tried to change the speed to 38400, and other settings are default, but still the hyper terminal did not show any display, how bout the the other settings like flow, bit, parity and stop bit? is there any other settings that i should set?