Comware Based
1748117 Members
3603 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to disable IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet feature on HPE 5130 EI switch.

SOLVED
Go to solution
mekand
Occasional Advisor

How to disable IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet feature on HPE 5130 EI switch.

Hello.

I'm to going to deploy a network for Dante devices and I need to disable the feature.

I'm not so luky with documentation for now.

Thanks.

Andrea

2 REPLIES 2
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: How to disable IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet feature on HPE 5130 EI switch.

Howdy,

I was intrigued as I couldn't remember what the command were for EEE. It took some finding but I have an answer!

BTW - One of the manuals is called "Configurations Guide Index" and it was this one that told me that the EEE config was in section 5 of the LAN switching Manual otherwise I would never have found it.

The good news is that you don't need to do anything as the EEE feature is disabled on these switches by default.

If you wanted to enable it you would need to navigate to the interface context and issue:

GigabitEthernet 1/0/1 # port auto-power-down

Hope that answers the question

Thanks

Ian

Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
mekand
Occasional Advisor

Re: How to disable IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet feature on HPE 5130 EI switch.

Many many thanks Ian.

Regards.

Andrea