Comware Based
1748197 Members
2618 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

How to save running configuration file to FTP or TFTP?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Oneil Matlock
Advisor

How to save running configuration file to FTP or TFTP?

Hello folks,

I am reading through the mountain of documentation, but not easily finding how to identify which configuration file is my running (or startup) configuration file.  I've attached picture below.  Anyone know how to tell which one if the running (or startup) configuration file and the command to copy it to my FTP server?

Thanks,

romatlo

5 REPLIES 5
Oneil Matlock
Advisor
Solution

Re: How to save running configuration file to FTP or TFTP?

Ok, just asked a friend.

One command to use is this:

backup startup-configuration to <tftp ip address>

I will close this thread.

VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

You can always see what your bootup configuration is by using the display startup   command.

Happy holidays!

David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support
whiteQQ
Super Advisor

Tty it next tome.
Apachez-
Trusted Contributor

A more secure way is to use SFTP, that is having an SFTP client (for example filezilla) to fetch the saved config from your Comware-device.

VoIP-Buddy
HPE Pro

Please be aware that there will be setup required on the switch to enable FTP, TFTP, or SFTP before you can use a client like Filezilla. 

I agree that if you are going to pull the config off a switch it is better to use an encrypted file transfer to safeguard the config.  The user passwords are always encrypted and not in clear text so you don't have to worry about that.

Once you generate the ssh key pair, you would also be able to ssh into the switch to manage it.  Also a good idea.

David

I work for HPE in Aruba Technical Support