1745856 Members
4337 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Issues with 3Com swicth 5500G and Dhcp Server

shango2709
Visitor

Issues with 3Com swicth 5500G and Dhcp Server

Hello my freinds, I have the following issue: We have a customer with the folllowing installactio, one server with server 2008 r2 and ip address 192.168.180.2 /24 , which has several fields set to address different vlans  (10.27.10.2; 10.27.11.2, etc) this switch udp helper is configured with at the level of interfaces, in general, the DHCP server assigns addresses, only if you change the ip to the NIC on the server, `for instance if you put an address 10.27.10.25 to assign an address from that scope . like I have to mak e the 5500G, send requests to the server address 192.168.180.2, and this is the sphere assigned to the (VLAN) for corresponding.

I send the current configuration of the switch

Thank you very much for your help

P.S. This thread has been moved from Switches, Hubs, Modems (Legacy ITRC forum) to Comware-Based. -HP Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
TJtheone
Advisor

Re: Issues with 3Com swicth 5500G and Dhcp Server

Create DHCP Server Group and Give the ip addrress of the DHCP server  and in the VLAN interface configure the DHCP relay agent

dhcp relay server-group 1 ip X.X.X.X where X.X.X.X=ip address of the DHCP Server

go to VLAN Interface

interface Vlan-interface(vlan id)
 ip address Y.Y.Y.Y  Z.Z.Z.Z_----------------------(Y.Y.Y.Y:-ip ADDRESS Z.Z.Z.Z sUBNETMASK)
 dhcp select relay
 dhcp relay server-select 1