5132 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Best SA-641 Configuration Setting?

Junji
Advisor

Best SA-641 Configuration Setting?

Hi,

I have HP ML570 G3 server with Smart Array 641. I put Battery Whrite-Back Cache on it to expedite the I/O between Win2000 Advance Server and Raid1 (2x300GB) w/ two partition on it and Raid5(3x300GB + 1 Hot spare) for my data. This was use mainly for SQL server for serving our warehouse management solution. I let the default 50% Write and 50% Read in acceleration mode the settings on the Raid Card. For the first few days, the read and write access was fast but after a week the read/write access was just like when we still do not have BBWC installed. What is the best configuration that I may take to improve I/O performance in terms of percentage? Are there any other setting that I may take beside the percentage of Write/Read settings? Please help.

Thanks,

Jun
2 REPLIES 2
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: Best SA-641 Configuration Setting?

The settings are OK. as u say it was working great for a week;
look for changes that have took place after that. Controller firmware upgrade. PSP.. bla bla.

Performance degradation has nothing to do with the settings..
Junji
Advisor

Re: Best SA-641 Configuration Setting?

I will try to look for the firmware upgrade and other drivers upgrade for the said raid card. I will also configure to set the write to 25% and read to 75% percent and check if that improves I/O performance. Thanks for the answer Sujith.