New Discussion юеВ

Re: Data availability during disk failure - EVA 4000

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tdrelichowski
Occasional Advisor

Data availability during disk failure - EVA 4000

Hi,

I need to be sure that when I would have a single disk failure in Disk Group the data will remain available during failure and recovery time (of course for vraid1 and 5). I believe that it is true, but someone told me that data will be in standby mode (won`t be available) as long as it will be repaired. I need a proof for my manager, so I looked in HP documentations and I can't find.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance, 

4 REPLIES 4
Tdrelichowski
Occasional Advisor

I' ve simulated disk failure on HP ProLiant DL360 G7 on Logical disk on RAID5 and data was available online during failure and recovery time. I believe that it would be working similar on EVA 4000.

Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,
A Smart Array and EVA4000 does not use the same raid scheme.

But yes, if you lose only one disk in a disk group then your data in vraid1 and vraid5 will be available at any point. Depending on vraid and amount of disks in your disk group, you can have more than one disk fail, even for vraid5 vdisks.
hvhari
Esteemed Contributor

Data will be available & accessible as long as the failure is within tolerance limits (Eg. 1 disk for raid1,raid5). In few instances, you will have the data accessible even with more than one disk failures (This depends on the configuration of the array and the status of disk group).

Regards,
Hari

If this post was useful , click the Kudos Star on the left side to say Thanks!
Tdrelichowski
Occasional Advisor

Thank you!