1752360 Members
6213 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

EVA 4400

EVA 4400

Hi! We bought an EVA 4400 with 3 enclosures full of disks and doing the install we can't see any of them in the command view interface. The error is: "There may be no systems connected to your SAN ..."

We check the FC cables twice and the config we used was in the EVA Install Manual page 30.

The discover process says "Operation succeded", press the OK button and again says "No storage systems are visible".

I am pretty stuck here, thanks for the help!

Francisco
2 REPLIES 2
susanta_dutta
Trusted Contributor

Re: EVA 4400

First check whether EVA is being seen by the OS( you can use Microsoft's fcinfo tool - "fcinfo /ports" command or HBAanyware(Emulex) or SANSurfer(Qlogic) or in Device Manager ), if not, check the zoning configuration.

You can also use "cvutil paths" command to verify whether Arrays are being seen by CV or not.

I also remember, in case if you have Emulex 8 Gb HBA, then you would require hotfix KB945119 to support HP Command View EVA. To locate Windows hotfix KB945119, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945119/

Regards
Susanta
V├нctor Cesp├│n
Honored Contributor

Re: EVA 4400

Since it's an EVA4400, start by using the management module.

Enter the WOCP (port 2373) and check system status and controller status
Open the included Command View (port 2372) and see if it can communicate with controllers.

For an external Command View on a Windows server, check that the zoning is correct. Include only one EVA port and one server port in each zone. I know it's more work to do, but it's documented that if several EVA ports are on the same zone, you can lose access from Command View).