New Discussion

How to access HP StorageWorks D2600 via P411 in Dell PowerEdge R720

SOLVED
Go to solution
FiveOverFive
Occasional Collector

How to access HP StorageWorks D2600 via P411 in Dell PowerEdge R720

Hi all,

BLUF: I'm trying to access my StorageWorks D2600 or P411 during POST to rebuild my RAID arrays, but I do not know the keyboard command anymore and would like assistance with getting back in.

Background: I'm a home user with an HP StorageWorks D2600 hooked up via HBA to my Dell PowerEdge R720 that I put a P411 in. Now I'm pretty sure that I set up the RAID array when I had the card in my HP server (forget what model, but G7 I believe) where I had two partitions set up and working. I moved the card into the R720 a while back, hooked up the D2600 and I was able to see my partitions and do all the things. Then disaster struck and I had to rebuild my entire everything in the R720. 

Now it only recognizes one of my two partitions and I'm just trying to get access to just blow everything away and re-build my 2x RAID arrays/partitions. But for the life of me, I don't know how to get back in to be able to do all that.

Things I tried: I saw some folks saying wait until it initializes in the R720 BIOS and press F5 or F9, neither worked. I tried to load up the ACU software on a Windows 10 VM, but it said it can't run virtualized. So I tried to install it on my Windows 11 laptop, same error. Not sure if I'm missing something.

In POST on the R720, I used to be able to see what the keyboard command was to access it during boot up, but I don't anymore. I feel like maybe I only saw it while it was hooked up to my old HP server. I gave the server to a buddy, so I CAN go get it and try everything again through that, but it's a lot of work and I'd really like to avoid that if possible. 

Any help or direction you can provide are greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

3 REPLIES 3
support_s
System Recommended

Query: How to access HP StorageWorks D2600 via P411 in Dell PowerEdge R720

System recommended content:

1. HP StorageWorks Modular SAN Array 1000 - Command Line Interface (CLI)

2. HP StorageWorks SAN Virtualization Services Platform - Troubleshooting

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Re: How to access HP StorageWorks D2600 via P411 in Dell PowerEdge R720

Hi,

According to this article, press F2 or F10 during POST for setup.  You may also refer to this article.
Here is the P411 QuickSpecs.

Thank You!
I work with HPE but opinions expressed here are mine.
HPE Tech Tips videos on How To and Troubleshooting topics

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Sunitha_Mod
Solution

Re: How to access HP StorageWorks D2600 via P411 in Dell PowerEdge R720

Hello @FiveOverFive,

Let us know if you were able to resolve the issue.

If you have no further query and you are satisfied with the answer then kindly mark the topic as Solved so that it is helpful for all community members.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo