1748227 Members
4280 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSA2312fc and Windows Server 2008 R2

dsegel
Occasional Advisor

MSA2312fc and Windows Server 2008 R2

I know the Simple San Connection Kit says it doesn't support W2K8R2, but is it really necessary to install all of it for basic array connectivity? Are there any subcomponents that do work with R2? I'm just looking for basic connectivity, not features like SAN design or management.

If not, does anybody know when R2 support will be available? I have about 4 more weeks before I need to put this system in production.
3 REPLIES 3
Ajin_1
Valued Contributor

Dear
Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Core introduces support for subsets.
Regards

AJN
Thanks & Regards
Ajin.S
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
dsegel
Occasional Advisor

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I'm asking about subsets of the Connection Manager software; my install of Server 2008 is necessarily fairly full because I need several services running on the servers attached to the disk array.

Maybe I can rephrase it: is there anything I can install onto a Server 2008 R2 server that will enable me to use (i.e. map volumes from) an MSA2312fc array?
Johnny von Heimerall
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

You dont need to install the Simple San Connection Kit/manager to set up your MSA.
Simply follow the standard MSA installation guide.

Best regards,
Johnny