1752538 Members
4911 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 3Par 7400 configuring Adaptive Optimization with Remote Copy

SOLVED
Go to solution

3Par 7400 configuring Adaptive Optimization with Remote Copy

I have couple 3par 7400(source and destination using remote copy) with AO configured using SSD, FC and NL as my tiers.  I've found in one document with following statement:

"Adaptive Optimization (AO) supports RC but until failover, the AO policies on the destination array should remain disabled."

I want to be able to run AO on both source and destination VVs to utilize multi-tiering--for space and performance reasons....not just in failover scenario.  Anyone have a work around?

Any feed back is appreciated.

Thanks, Brad

4 REPLIES 4
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello Brad,

which problem do you want to solve, by enabling AO on the destination? AFAIK there's currently no way to move chunklets on the destination side to the same tier as on the source.

Best regards,
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, want to enable AO on destination side.  Hoping AO would determine which chunklets  where updated after being replicated, and have AO move data to respective tiers accordingly. 

My fear is, I'm forced to replicate some VVs to NL because of lack of space in FC CPGs, have failover event, and users suffer for a day or so before AO can determine where to move data in their respective tiers (SSD, FC & NL).  I'm replicating several 10s of TBs.  First couple days after a failover could slow and painful for the users until data gets put into right tiers.

Trying to find best way to go at this without have to buy more FC disks.

Brad 

Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro
Solution

On the secondary side, all you can do is: Determine which VLUNs are busiest, Dynamic Opt them to your FC CPG. Then DO the rest to your NL CPG.

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo

Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately there's nothing much you can do. Currently there is no way to "replicate" the AO information to the destinations side.

Sheldon has posted a possible way.
Best regards,
Patrick