SOLVED
Go to solution
haku1
Occasional Advisor

3PAR persistent ports

Hello,

I have checked the following guide.
Zoning with 3PAR persistent ports
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=sd00001803en_us&page=GUID-D7147C7F-2016-0901-03BB-000000001885.html

We found that this feature allows service to continue even if a node fails.
If a network path fails, will the service continue?

I would like to check whether the service will continue in the event of an FC cable or FC switch SFP failure, or FC switch failure.

Best Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
support_s
System Recommended

Query: 3PAR persistent ports

System recommended content:

1.  HPE 3PAR Windows Server 2003 Implementation Guide

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

[Moderator edit: Removed the invalid link.]

Accept or Kudo

Satish04
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: 3PAR persistent ports

Hi haku1,

1. The persistent ports on the remaining controller node can be used to maintain access to the storage volumes in a 3PAR system with persistent ports. In this way, even if one controller fails, the other will continue to serve data.
2. Redundancy and failover mechanisms provided by FC (such as multipathing) will kick in if there is a failure at the network level, such as a cable or FC switch SFP failure. As a result of these mechanisms, traffic is rerouted through an alternate path if one path becomes unavailable. Multipathing software and FC configuration in your environment will determine the exact behavior.
3. An entire FC switch failing can disrupt connectivity for all devices connected to it. To mitigate this risk, It is common to have redundant FC switches and configure multipathing software to use multiple paths. By doing this, traffic can automatically failover to the other switch if one fails.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Satish

I work for HPE.
Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Accept or Kudo