108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Compression in HPE 3PAR Web Services API 1.6.4

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shravan2
Occasional Contributor

Compression in HPE 3PAR Web Services API 1.6.4

I was looking for HPE 3PAR Web Services API 1.6.4 for compression on Threepar Arrays and found the volume TUNING API with the compression option.

Questions:

1. Does Volume Compression work only when the compression is enabled on a whole array?

2. I am seeing a different type of volume provisions namely TVPP, TDPP, FULL and so on. Is the compression option limited to certain type of volumes?

3. What exactly is userCPG. Is it just a user-defined name while you compress a volume?

1 REPLY 1
veeyarvi
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Compression in HPE 3PAR Web Services API 1.6.4

Hello Shravan2,

1. Does Volume Compression work only when the compression is enabled on a whole array?

You can chose to enable compression for a particular volume.  Please keep in mind that they should be part of SSD CPGs to get this feature worked and not part of the feature AO. 

2. I am seeing a different type of volume provisions namely TVPP, TDPP, FULL and so on. Is the compression option limited to certain type of volumes?
Compression option available for thin volumes (TPVV/TDVV)

3. What exactly is userCPG. Is it just a user-defined name while you compress a volume?

The user CPG is the one in which the VVs will be created or part of.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo