108837 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Health physical disks 3PAR

SOLVED
Go to solution
auztariz
Occasional Contributor

Health physical disks 3PAR

Greetings to all. The company recently purchased a 3PAR and everything was fine, only they asked me this question:
When we know if a physical disk is going to fail, do we receive a warning or does 3PAR simply remove the disk from the fix? Or if there is any indication for the percentage of wear?

I know how to thank you very much for your valuable information.

3 REPLIES 3
sbhat09
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Health physical disks 3PAR

Hello @auztariz,

In case of drive failure, the system will automatically handle most of the processes till data restoration. 3PAR uses FAST RAID technology and chunklet-based logical disks. When a drive is going to fail, the system will recognize it in advance and automatically move the chuklets in place of free chunklets of healthy drives. Even if a drive fails instantly, the chunklets of the failed drive will be replaced by the free chunklets of healthy drives immediately. All these will be done by the system automatically. No need to worry about.

When you notice a failed drive, please replace it with the same model and admit the PD.

Regards,
Srinivas Bhat

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!
Note: All of my comments are my own and are not any official representation of HPE.

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

auztariz
Occasional Contributor

I understand, thank you very much for the information. This helps me explain to managers and clears up their doubts. Thank you very much again.

Sunitha_Mod

Hello @auztariz

Awesome! We are glad to hear your concern has been addressed. 

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo